Company seeks an experienced financial professional to lead the accounting function of rapidly growing e-commerce retailer. This person will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Company’s accounting and control functions and will report to the SVP, Finance and will work closely with all senior executives. This includes the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the relevancy and accuracy of the Company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
The role will be responsible for supervising a small accounting staff. He/She will be a leader of people who can attract, retain, and develop talented individuals in the Finance area. Role requires an insightful, hands-on leader with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude who enjoys the challenges and rewards of managing and motivating a staff.
- Lead and manage all areas of accounting operations, including monthly and quarterly close processes, GL, accounts payable, fixed assets, payroll, contracts, revenue, controls and compliance.
- Take a leadership role in establishing organizational policies, operating procedures and business controls that match the high tempo growth of the company.
- Ensure that the financials are accurate and reporting is timely thus providing management with the best information possible to grow the business.
- Function as primary interface with external auditors. Ensure timely and accurate audits, working with auditors and other outside agencies for periodic and annual reviews, as needed.
- Own technical accounting including documenting key accounting positions and issues- including revenue recognition, stock based compensation and accounting for internally developed software.
- Responsible for tax compliance including sales, income and property.
- Work with SVP, Finance and other senior leasers to drive the financial business plan for the company.
- Be the primary owner, user, and developer of financial systems. Establish and execute roadmap for financial systems including leading implementation additional financial system modules.
- Attract, recruit and retain high performing team of 8-10 individuals.
- Training and mentoring of junior accounting staff to become high performing team